ZUCCHINI, MINT AND FETA OMELETTE WITH PITA WEDGES
Serves: 4 Time to make: 15 mins
- 8 eggs
- 4 large zucchini, coarsely grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- zest of 1 lemon
- 50g reduced-fat feta
- handful of mint leaves, finely chopped
- 4 medium tomatoes, chopped into wedges
- 1 small ripe avocado, sliced
- 4 large wholemeal pita breads, toasted, sliced into wedges
- Preheat grill to high. Whisk eggs in a bowl with zucchini, lemon zest, feta and mint.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium heat. Pour egg mixture into pan, gently pulling away edges with a spatula as egg starts to set on the bottom. Continue 2–3 times to allow uncooked egg mixture to hit the bottom of the pan.
- When omelette starts to set, remove pan from heat and place under preheated grill for 2–3 minutes to cook the top. (Alternatively you can flip the omelette and cook the other side in a frying pan.)
- Divide omelette into four and serve with sliced tomato, sliced avocado and toasted pita wedges.