SWEET POTATO AND RED LENTIL CURRY
Serves: 4 Time to make: 30 mins
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds or wholegrain mustard
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 cup red lentils
- 2 large sweet potatoes (about 400g), peeled, cut into chunks
- 2 cups reduced-salt vegetable stock
- 2 x 400g cans no-added-salt chopped tomatoes
- 4 cups chopped mixed veg (cauliflower, carrot, zucchini)
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat natural yoghurt, to serve
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onions and sauté until soft. Add all spices and cook for 1 more minute, or until fragrant.
- Add lentils, sweet potatoes, stock and tomatoes to saucepan with 2 cups water; stir and bring to the boil. Add mixed veg, cover pan and simmer for 20 minutes, or until potato is tender.
- Season curry with cracked black pepper, top with a dollop of natural yoghurt and serve.
- Garnish curry with sprigs of fresh herbs, if preferred.