Spring Vegetable Lasagne
- 30g butter
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thickly sliced
- 2 zucchini, cut into ribbons
- 2 green onions, trimmed, cut into 8cm lengths
- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 10 dried instant lasagne sheets
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 2 roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 2/3 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup grated pizza cheese
- Extra basil leaves, to serve
Prep time 20 mins Cook Time 55 mins
- Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced.
- Melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Add flour. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until bubbling. Remove from heat. Gradually stir in milk until combined. Return to heat. Cook, stirring constantly, 3 minutes or until sauce boils and thickens. Remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bring a medium saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add asparagus, zucchini and onion. Boil for 2 minutes. Remove with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towel. Add spinach to pan. Cook for 1 minute or until wilted. Remove with slotted spoon. Squeeze out excess moisture when cool enough to handle. Roughly chop.
- Cover the base of a 20cm x 28cm (8 cup- capacity) ovenproof dish with 2/3 cup white sauce. Layer 1/4 lasagne sheets trimming to fit. Layer asparagus mixture, peas and 1/3 ricotta. Top with 1/3 of remaining lasagne sheets, 1/2 spinach, and 1/2 remaining ricotta. Repeat. Top with remaining lasagne sheets and remaining white sauce. Arrange tomato and basil leaves on top. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 45 minutes or until golden and pasta is tender. Serve with extra basil leaves.