450g Skinless Chicken Breast
1 tray of mini orange, red and yellow capsicums
570g can pineapple chunks, pineapple juice reserved
¼ cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons soy sauce
3 tablespoons honey
2 tablespoons vinegar
1 teaspoon sesame oil
¼ teaspoon ginger
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
2 tablespoons olive oil
½ cup pineapple juice
2 tablespoons honey
1 tablespoon sriracha (hot chilli) sauce
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 teaspoon soy sauce
1. Start by draining the juice from the can of pineapple chunks into a glass bowl. The pineapple juice will be used for both the marinade and the grilling sauce.
2. Mix together ¼ cup of the pineapple juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic powder and olive oil.
3. Cut each piece of chicken into cubes. Place all of the pieces in the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 4-8 hours.
1. In a small saucepan, mix together ½ cup of pineapple juice, honey, sriracha sauce, olive oil and soy sauce.
2. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium high heat.
3. Once it starts to boil, turn the heat down and simmer for 4-6 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and set aside.
1. Cut red, orange and yellow capsicums into chunks. Slice an onion into chunks.
2. Thread the ingredients onto 6 kebabs, alternating items, putting 6 pieces of chicken on each kebab. Don’t forget that wooden skewers need to be soaked for 30 minutes before using.
3. Heat the grill to medium-high heat. Brush the pineapple grilling sauce over the kebabs.
4. Lightly oil the grill grates and then place the kebabs on the grill.
5. Cook over medium-high heat, turning and brushing with pineapple grilling sauce often, for 12-15 minutes, until chicken is fully cooked.