The combination of vegetables with spices slowly cooked allows the lentils to absorb their wonderful flavour.
1) Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until simmering, about 3 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, onion, and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables have softened, about 8 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
2) Add the broth, tomatoes, lentils, bay leaf, and stir it well to an even consistency. Cover and bring to a simmer, about 15 minutes.
3) Once simmering, reduce the heat to low and let it continue simmering, add the kale.
4) Keep cooking it until the vegetables are softened and the kale has wilted. Remove the bay leaf.
5) Pour in a bowl, cover with chopped coriander, serve and enjoy!