» ROAST BEEF WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, TAPENADE AND BOK CHOY
ROAST BEEF WITH ROASTED TOMATOES, TAPENADE AND BOK CHOY
Serves: 6 Prep: 20 mins (+ 3 hours refrigeration) Cooking: 1hr 30 mins
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
2 tbs fresh thyme leaves
1 tbs chopped fresh rosemary leaves
1/3 cup olive oil
1.2kg beef rump roast
4 garlic cloves cut into thirds
600g Carisma potatoes, chopped
3 x 240g packets cherry truss tomatoes
1/3 cup olive tapenade
Salt and pepper, to season
3 bunches baby bok choy, bulbs removed
- Combine balsamic vinegar, thyme, rosemary and 2 tablespoons oil in a jug. Place beef in a baking dish. Using a small sharp knife cut 12 2cm-long x 3cm deep slits over beef. Insert garlic slices in slits. Pour over vinegar mixture. Turn to coat. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 3 hours if time permits.
- Preheat barbecue on high with hood closed. Lightly grease a disposable foil baking tray. Place potatoes in a large bowl, add remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Toss to coat, then place beef and potatoes in prepared tray.
- Reduce temperature to medium. Roast beef and potatoes, with hood down, using indirect heat (turn burners on ½ of the bbq to required temperature and place baking tray on unheated side of the bbq) for 1hr to 1hr 15 mins for medium or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove from the bbq, cover, rest beef for 20 mins. Place tomatoes in a disposable foil baking tray. Roast (with hood down) for 15-20 mins or until tomatoes start to collapse. Meanwhile, steam bok choy either on stove or in microwave.
- Slice beef. Serve with potatoes, tomatoes, tapenade and steamed greens.