Pesto and Potato Farfalle with Green Beans
- 350g farfalle pasta
- 300g potatoes, peeled, cut into thin matchsticks
- 200g green beans, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/4 cup basil pesto
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1/2 cup (125g) fresh low-fat ricotta, plus 1/4 cup extra
- fresh basil leaves, to garnish
- Cook farfalle according to packet instructions, adding potato and beans in the last 4 minutes of cooking time. Drain well, reserving 1/4 cup cooking liquid.
- Return pasta and vegetables to saucepan. Add pesto, onion, zest and ricotta. Toss to combine, adding a little of the reserved pasta cooking liquid if necessary.
- Divide pasta between serving bowls. Garnish with a dollop of extra ricotta and fresh basil leaves.
Time to make: 30 mins, prep 20 mins, cook 10 mins