PEA & HAM SOUP
Serves: 4 Prep: 10 mins Cooking: 30 mins
1x large brown onion, finely chopped
2 sticks of celery, finely chopped
2 carrots, finely chopped
Canola/olive oil spray
2 garlic cloves, crushed
500g packet frozen peas
1.5L salt-reduced chicken or vegetable stock
250g shaved ham, chopped
- Place onion, celery and carrot in a bowl. Spray with cooking oil. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat, add the vegetables and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and peas and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
- Stir in the stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Remove from heat.
- When the soup has cooled, blend in batches and place in a clean saucepan.
- Add ham and stir over low heat until hot. Taste, and season with black pepper.
Source: Healthy Food Guide Australia Date Accessed: 27th Mar 2012