• 4 teaspoons olive oil
• 1 medium brown onion
• 2 cloves garlic
• 410g diced tomatoes (canned)
• 60ml water
• 400g cannellini beans (canned)
• 1/4 cups flat leaf parsley
• 250g sweet potato
• 1 medium potato
• 1/4 teaspoons salt
• 1 egg
• 2 tablespoons wholemeal self raising flour
• 1 small red onion
To Prep: 15 minutes / To Cook: 25 minutes
1. Make breakfast beans – heat half the oil in a medium saucepan, add thinly sliced onion and finely diced garlic; cook, stirring, until onion softens. Stir in undrained tomatoes, the water and beans; bring to the boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, about 10 minutes or until thick. Remove from heat; stir in shredded parsley.
2. Make Rosti – Preheat oven to 200°C/400°F.
3. Combine grated sweet potato, grated potato and salt in medium bowl; stand 5 minutes then squeeze out liquid.
4. Whisk egg in medium bowl; whisk in flour. Stir in diced red onion and sweet potato mixture.
5. Heat remaining oil in large ovenproof frying pan over medium heat; add sweet potato mixture, press down firmly. Cook rösti about 3 minutes or until browned lightly underneath. Transfer pan to oven; bake, uncovered, about 20 minutes or until browned. Turn rösti onto chopping board, cut into eight wedges; serve with breakfast beans.