ONE PAN AUTUMN CHICKEN DINNER
- 4 – 5 bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh thyme, sage and rosemary, plus more for serving
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 large sweet potato (peeled if desired), chopped into 1.5cm cubes
- 400g Brussel sprouts, sliced into halves
- 2 fuji apples, cored and sliced into half moons about 1.5cm thick
- 2 shallot bulbs, peeled and sliced thinly
- 4 slices bacon, chopped into 2cm pieces
- Preheat oven to 230 °C. Pour 2 tablespoon olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic and herbs into an extra large resealable bag, add chicken, season with salt and pepper then seal bag and massage mixture over chicken while working to evenly distribute herbs. Set aside and let rest while chopping veggies.
- Place sweet potato, brussel sprouts, apples and shallot on a large rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with remaining 2 tablespoon olive oil then toss to evenly coat and season with salt and pepper to taste. Spread into an even layer then set chicken over veggie/fruit mixture. Sprinkle bacon (separate any pieces that stick together) evenly over veggie/fruit mixture.
- Roast in preheated oven until chicken and veggies are golden brown, about 30 minutes . Grill during last few minutes for a more golden skin on chicken if desired. Sprinkle with more herbs and serve immediately.