Moroccan Beef and Roast Vegie Salad
- 450g beetroot, peeled, chopped into chunks
- 2 cups diced potato, skin on
- 2 cups diced butternut pumpkin, skin on
- 600g Scotch fillet steak
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan spice mix
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 400g can no-added-salt brown lentils, drained, rinsed
- 4 cups baby spinach
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Microwave beetroot, potato and pumpkin on high for 5 minutes. Arrange vegetables on prepared tray, spray with olive oil and bake for 25 minutes, or until roast vegies are soft and browned.
- Meanwhile, set a heavy-based grill pan over medium–high heat. Spray steak with cooking oil, then sprinkle sides with Moroccan spice mix. When pan is hot, add steak and cook for 3 minutes per side for medium-rare, or until done to your liking. Cover steak to keep warm and set aside.
- Whisk vinegar and olive oil in a small bowl to make vinaigrette. Combine lentils and spinach in a large bowl. Add roast vegies and vinaigrette to salad bowl and mix well. Cut reserved steak into thick strips; add to salad, mixing gently.
- Season salad with cracked black pepper and serve.
Serves: 4 Time to make: 30 mins