Kale, Feta and Pumpkin Pie
- 300g (2 cups) peeled, cubed pumpkin (1cm x 1cm)
- olive oil spray
- 1/4 bunch kale, shredded (3 cups)
- 2 spring onions, finely sliced
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 100g feta, chopped
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin seeds (pepitas), optional
- Spray pumpkin with olive oil and scatter over a baking paper lined oven tray. Bake at 220C for 20-30 minutes for until lightly golden and cooked through. Place kale in a microwave safe bowl with 1 tablespoon water and microwave for 1 minute or until slightly wilted.
- Combine pumpkin, kale, spring onions, eggs, milk, feta and parmesan cheese in a bowl. Layer filo sheets in alternating pattern (lengthwise and width wise), into a 1 litre baking dish, spraying between each layer with olive oil.
- Pour filling into pastry and fold over excess pastry to enclose pie. Spray with extra oil spray and top with pumpkin seeds. Bake at 200°C for 30-40 minutes or until cooked through and set.
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 60 mins Serves 2