Healthy Nachos Recipe
We know what it’s like, you LOVE Nachos but hate how they can make you feel, a little bloated and (often) stuffed when you eat them! The great news is, there is a healthier alternative that can leave you feeling light as a feather and (best of all), feel great after eating them!
Serves 2 People
1-2 pieces of Lebanese bread
1 cup Spinach
1 Roma tomato, diced
1 Onion, diced
1 Cucumber, diced
1 Red capsicum cut into small chunks
1 Avocado, smashed
1 tbs plain Greek yoghurt
Olive oil spray
- Cut up your Lebanese bread into small, nacho sized triangles. Spray the nacho ‘chips’ with one light coating of olive oil spray. Place in the oven on 180 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until toasty and slightly browned (be careful not to burn them!)
- Once chips are done, take them out and place 1-2 handfuls on a plate.
- Top the nachos with spinach, followed by the remaining vegetables including tomato, capsicum, cucumber and onion.
- Top the nachos with ¼ smashed avocado. You can even make your own guacamole by adding some mayonnaise, onion, diced tomato, lemon juice and pepper to your smashed avocado (yum!).
- You can also add some salsa on top and a tablespoon of plain Greek yoghurt in place of the traditional sour cream.
Eat up and enjoy!