500g lamb loin fillet, trimmed of fat
1 tbs olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tsp dried oregano
2 lemons, rind finely grated, juiced
Ground black pepper, to season
375g cherry tomatoes, on vine
Olive oil spray
8 cos lettuce leaves, shredded
1 Lebanese cucumber, halved, chopped
1. Preheat barbecue plate on medium-high and oven to 220°C (200°C fan-forced)
2. Cut lamb fillets in half crossways then lengthways into thin strips. Thread onto eight skewers, concertina style. Place in a shallow dish. Combine the oil, garlic, oregano, lemon rind and half the lemon juice in a bowl, season with freshly ground black pepper. Pour over the lamb skewers and turn to coat evenly. Cover and refrigerate for 15 minutes if time permits.
3. Place the tomatoes onto an oven tray and spray lightly with oil, season with freshly ground black pepper. Roast 8-10 minutes or until light golden and tender.
4. Remove the lamb from the marinade. Barbecue 2-3 minutes, each side, basting with marinade for medium, or until cooked to your liking.
5. Combine lettuce, cucumber and remaining lemon juice in a bowl, toss gently to combine. Serve with lamb skewers and roasted tomatoes.
Source : Heartfoundation.org.au