FRENCH ONION SOUP
Serves: 4 Prep: 5 mins Cooking: 20 mins
- 2 tb olive oil
- 5 brown onions, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3-4 fresh sage leaves
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp sweet paprika
- 1 L salt-reduced beef stock
- On a medium heat fry the onions, garlic and sage leaves in the olive oil for approximately 10-15 mins until soft.
- Add paprika, fry for 1 minute, add beef stock.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Serve with wholegrain bread topped with melted reduced-fat cheese.