Creamy Carrot and Coriander Soup with Parmesan Toast
- 1 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 500g carrots, chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped coriander
- 1/2 cup natural yoghurt
- Parmesan Toast
- 2 slices sourdough bread
- 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated cheddar Cheese
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan. Add onion and cumin, sauté for 3-5 minutes or until softened. Add carrot and stock, cover and bring to the boil.
- Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes, or until carrots are tender.
- Remove from heat and process with a stick blender until smooth.
- Return to heat and stir in milk and coriander. Reheat gently until warmed through.
- Serve with a dollop of yoghurt.
For Parmesan Toasts: Grill bread on one side until golden. Turnover, top with combined cheeses and grill until cheese is bubbly and brown. Serve warm with soup
Prep Time 10 mins Cook Time 25 mins Serves 3