Corn and Zucchini Fritters
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup self-raising flour
- 2 cups sweet corn
- 3 large zucchini, roughly grated, squeezed of excess moisture
- 1/2 cup grated low-fat cheddar
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- cooking oil spray
- 4 teaspoons tomato relish
- 4 tablespoons light sour cream
- 8 cups salad greens, to serve
- Whisk milk and eggs in a large bowl. Whisk in flour, gradually, until mixture is smooth and well combined. Stir sweet corn, zucchini, cheddar, herbs and lemon zest through batter.
- Spray a large non-stick frying pan with cooking oil and set over medium–high heat. Spoon 3 x 1/4-cupfuls batter into pan. Cook for 3 minutes per side, or until golden and cooked through. Spray pan with oil again. Continue with batter to make 12 fritters.
- Serve fritters with tomato relish, sour cream and salad greens.