CHICKEN AND SWEET POTATO STACKS
- 600g sweet potato, peeled, thickly sliced
- cooking oil spray
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 500g chicken breast fillets, halved, sliced horizontally (12 pieces total)
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Steam sweet potato until just tender. Set aside and keep warm.
- Spray a frying pan with oil and place over medium heat. Add onion and cook for 5 minutes, or until soft. Add 1/2 cup water, tomatoes, sugar and vinegar. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat and simmer, covered, for 10 minutes. Uncover and simmer, stirring occasionally, for a further 10 minutes, until sauce has thickened.
- Heat barbecue or place a chargrill pan over high heat. Lightly spray sweet potato and chicken with oil. Cook for 2–3 minutes, or until chicken is cooked and potato is lightly grilled. Sprinkle with oregano and season with black pepper.
- Alternately stack 3 slices chicken with 3 slices sweet potato on serving plates. Spoon cherry tomato sauce over stacks before serving.
Time 35 mins Serves 4