Beef and Broccoli with red capsicum
Total Time: 20 min. (Prep Time: 10 min/Cooking Time: 10 min.)
4 servings, 1 cup each
- ¼ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 6 tablespoon water, divided use
- 2 tablespoon corn flour
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 400g lean beef strips, trimmed of fat and sliced into 1.5cm thick pieces
- 1 teaspoon coconut oil
- 4 cups broccoli florets
- 2 medium capsicum, cut into 2.5cm cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 thin slice fresh ginger, peeled, finely chopped
- Combine soy sauce, 4 tablespoon water, 1 tablespoon corn starch, and honey in a small bowl; mix well. Set aside.
- Combine remaining 1 tablespoon corn flour and 2 tablespoon water in a large bowl; mix well. Add beef. Toss gently to coat.
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add beef; cook, stirring frequently, for 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink. Remove from skillet, keep warm.
- Add broccoli, capsicum, garlic, and ginger to skillet; cook, stirring frequently, for 3 to 5 minutes. Place broccoli mixture in beef bowl.
- Add soy sauce mixture to skillet; cook, stirring constantly, over medium-high heat for 30 seconds, or until thickened.
- Return beef and broccoli mixture to skillet; cook, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until well mixed and heated through.