Barbecued Lamb with Mixed Tomato Salad
- 2 x 200g lamb backstraps
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 100g baby spinach
- 1/2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 400g tomato medley mix
- 1/3 cup dry-roasted almonds, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
Lemon, garlic and green onion rub
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Make lemon, garlic and green onion rub: Combine lemon, garlic, onion, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Spoon mixture over lamb, rubbing to coat all over. Spray lamb with oil.
- Heat a barbecue chargrill or chargrill pan over medium heat. Cook lamb for 4 to 5 minutes each side, for medium, or until browned and cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice.
- Meanwhile, place spinach, onion, tomatoes and almonds in a bowl. Using a fork, whisk vinegar and extra virgin olive oil together. Pour over salad. Toss gently to combine. Serve lamb on salad.
Prep time : 15 mins Cook time: 10 mins Serves 4