Baked Chicken Fajita Roll-Ups
For the Marinade:
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Juice of half a lime
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 2 Tablespoon coriander, chopped
For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced chicken cutlets 1cm thick
- ½ red capsicum, sliced
- ½ yellow capsicum, sliced
- ½ green capsicum, sliced
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (if using) and coriander. Set aside.
- For the chicken breasts, if you purchased pre-sliced chicken cutlets then skip to the next step. If using chicken breasts, slice them longways into 2 even slices and firmly pound the chicken using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer to an even thickness of about 1/2 cm.
- Place chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and pour marinade over top, making sure they are completely coated. Allow chicken to marinate for a minimum of one hour to overnight.
- Once chicken has marinated, evenly place 6 capsicum slices in the middle of the chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets have been rolled up and place seam side down in a prepared baking dish.
- Brush tops of chicken with remaining marinade and bake, uncovered, at 190C for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the juices run clear. Serve and enjoy!
Prep Time 15 mins Cook Time 30 mins Serves 3