AUTUMN GLOW SALAD WITH LEMON DRESSING
For the Salad
- 1 cup quinoa or other grain (bulgur, brown rice etc.)
- 1 head cauliflower
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- a sprinkle of dried spices that you like, or a few sprigs of thyme, rosemary, etc.
- 1 large apple
For the Lemon Dressing
- 1 bunch parsley (about 1 cup), minced
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- ⅔ cup olive oil
- juice of one lemon (more to taste)
- 1 teaspoon agave (optional)
- ½ teaspoon salt & pepper to taste
- Rinse the grains and cook as per directions on package. Prepare the other ingredients while it cooks.
- Preheat the oven to 220°C degrees. Chop the cauliflower into small florets. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and add a few sprigs of thyme or other dried spices if you have some that you like. Roast for 20 minutes, stir, and roast for another 10-15 minutes. When they are golden brown and soft, remove from oven and set aside.
- While the veggies are roasting, combine all dressing ingredients in a jar with a tight lid and shake to combine. Chop the apple and set aside.
- When the grains and vegetables are done, toss everything together. This can be done when everything is hot or when it’s cooled, although the texture will be different (heavier) when hot. Store leftovers separately (salad and dressing) if possible.
Serves 6 as a meal, 8-10 as a side